Skip to main content

8.18.10

Well, our first week of daycare and work went great!  Harper really seems to enjoy herself there, she eats and sleeps and plays well.  And I've been busy at work so it keeps me from dwelling on her all day.  We had her two month check up on Monday; she weighs 12 lbs 2.5 oz, and is 23 inches long, both in the 75th percentile.  Her head size, which escapes me, was in the 50th percentile.  She has great neck control, and everything else looks good.  She also took all 5 shots like a champ!  She cried some, but I think part of that was hungry cries...we agreed that we've heard her cry worse when her dinner was late!

We spent this past weekend in York for Great Grandpa Kant's 91st birthday.  We had fun swimming at the pool; all the boys end up trying to outdo themselves on the diving board, and then the little girls try to mimick their older cousins, uncles and fathers.  Harper hung out with Great Grandma in the shade, but I think she wanted in the water :)  Then we had cake--delicious cake, reminiscent of our wedding cake--because its the same stuff made by the same person, and we will get to have it at virtually every family gathering on the Kant side...score!

My 30th birthday is slowly approaching next month.  I've decided to celebrate in style...at the concert cove with Huey Lewis and the News!  Some friends from work were going, and it falls on my birthday, so I took a few days off and decided to go.  It'll be my first full night away from Harper, eek!  Then the following Tuesday Erich and I are going to Omaha to see Dave Matthews, and spend the night again at the boats, while Grandma Cindy does an overnight gig...that's another eek! We'll see how I do.

My friend Amanda has her own cupcake shop--the best one in town!  Last week she was featured in the Ground Zero--a supplement to the paper here in Lincoln which reviews movies, restaurants, etc.  It was a great review with ridiculous results; she was virtually sold out all weekend long!  Her shop had a line around the corner when she opened on Friday, and it sounds like the craziness didn't stop until she closed up on Sunday--she also sells at the Lincoln Farmers Market--sold out there too!  So, she's getting busy, and has asked for reinforcements--so I'm going to try my hand at helping out.  I'll be learning all her secrets, so then I can open my own shop and see "gourmet miniature cupcakes"...mwa ha ha!!!  I know you'll read this at some point Braggs! 

Enjoy some pictures from this weekend and earlier this month; I haven't had a ton of photo time with her since I've been back to work :(









in the crib Erich & his brother used, as well as the clown mobile...

Comments

Unknown said…
You ain't got the guts to open your own shop! I'm so glad you're going to help! We need it and it should be fun.

I love that picture of Harper in the sink - she looks so scared! With babies, I've determined that all their crying and pooping and waking up multiple times in the night is worth it as long as we can take pictures of them doing crazy/silly stuff (that we have forced on them).
Susie said…
Well, yeah, that's totally the best part. I can't wait to see some of Cuz's handiwork!
Megan said…
Glad the first week went well for all of you! I busted out laughing when I got to the picture of Harper in the sink!

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll