Skip to main content

Back at it

When I started this blog, I knew my number one issue was going to be consistently updating it.  I didn't think I'd take a 4 year hiatus,  yet here we are... I stumbled into a friend's post, which motivated me to get back into the writing vs just scrolling--i.e. Facebook and Insta etc.  I make no promises to be timely with posts, but I'm hoping with Booker in preschool in the mornings (and school full time in the Fall-gulp) I may be able to make a better go of it.

After a lot of deliberation with Erich, I decided to leave my job after 14 years.  It was a tough decision, because I really enjoyed the people, but the work itself had dwindled due to other circumstances, and I was bored.  So bored.  And the more I sat in front of the screen, the more I grew to hate the job.  So it was time for something new.  I had always wanted to be a stay at home mom with Harper, but financially it just didn't work.  Fast forward 6 years and we found we could still be comfortable, with a few cut backs, and I did it.  And it was truly the best decision for me, and ultimately our family.  I'm happier, kids are happier, Erich seems to be ok with it ;) And we'll be going on 3 years in May.  I can't even believe how fast the time goes.

Kids are both attending school of some form; Harper is in 3rd grade, and Booker is in his second year of preschool.  They both love school (Harper had a couple rough years, but had an amazing teacher last year who really turned things around).  They both love to read and be read to, and that just warms my little bookworm heart.

Booker turned 5 last week, and Harper will be 9 in June.  Again, unbelievable to me.  Erich and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary last July.  It feels like just yesterday we were young and energetic and somewhat in shape.

We lost Abbey in May of last year.  She developed a disease called Cushings, which is primarily found in people.  It affects the adrenal glands, and causes symptoms such as bloating, excessive thirst/panting, and fatigue.  Treatment was going to include monthly meds as well as frequent blood draws, and she was already over the last 6 months of visits to the vet for a myriad of tests.  She was no longer her old self (granted, at 13, what dog is?).  We knew it was her time, but it was (and still is) so hard.  We've done a lot to try and keep her memory alive, but she definitely left a gigantic hole in our hearts (and lives).

That about gets anyone still out there up to speed.  Here are some fun pictures of things that have gone on over the past year.

Family Picture from Fall 2018

Easter. Snow. I suspect we'll repeat this again this year.

One of our last pictures of Abbey

Joking around before Harper's crazy emoji sleepover

Typical picture

Obligatory beach shot- anniversary trip to Tampa

Sunset booze cruise

My sad attempt at self photography of these two


Booker tried a ballet camp this summer, he loved it! He's taking ballet and tap this year- he loves his tap shoes




Booker also did soccer. He did not love it.

The next 4 are from our Fall Break trip to Colorado.  We had so much fun! And drove in a scary blizzard.


Casa Bonita! 
Red Rocks

We took the kids to their first show at the Orpheum- Wild Kratts Live! They loved it. I in turn took Erich to his first Broadway musical, Spamalot, followed by Book of Mormon.  He also loved it! 

Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll