Skip to main content

December

It's so hard to believe that Christmas is seriously 5 days away.  Where did this year go?  Can't say that I'm ready for the big day, but luckily it's only a couple people and I can get it done this weekend, and I don't really need to go shopping to finish...yay for homemade gifts, right?  Erich and I kind of just bought ourselves the things we wanted...for him, a new mandolin.  For me, a new camera.  For us, a new printer.  Then our dishwasher broke last weekend, so add that to the list.  Ahh, the joys of home ownership!!

We spent Thanksgiving with my sister and her family in Missouri, and that was a lot of fun.  Got some good pictures of her with her cousins, and a lot of her with their cat.  They loved each other...Erich was not a fan.  I think Harper's favorite part of the trip was playing dress up with Miss Kitty.  And visiting Santa! We made our kids wear ugly sweaters to go visit him before we left; it turned out pretty good.  And Harper made sure to let him know she had been good, and wants a bicycle.  Which luckily hasn't changed since, so Santa shouldn't have any issues on the 25th :)

December has been full of decorating and baking and playing in the snow.  Luckily very little travel, although that changes this weekend when we head to Columbus on Sunday, then to York on Christmas day, and lastly Hastings on the 29th.  Excited to see family though, and my sister will be back the 27th, yay!  Harper had her school program last weekend, and it was pretty adorable.  She really got into it this year (see the video below) and she really does love to sing and listen to Christmas music, which Erich loves and I tolerate.
Baby Kant is growing and growing...we booked our C-Section for February 18th so that means it's less than 2 months before his arrival!  The nursery is about half-way done.  Still need to get stuff moved out to make room for the crib, and then go through boxes of clothes. Harper is excited for him, but not for the crying after spending the night with friends and their baby...she said she didn't like all his noise :)  She's in for a rude awakening I think!

Harper has been learning how to write her name at daycare and is getting pretty good at those "H"s, or as she calls them, her letter.  We're still working on the other letters.  She also loves to sing her ABCs and draw.  And her imagination is crazy these days.  We brought home a pirate ship for her Little People, and it's so fun to watch how all the different "people" interact together.  At one point, she had the pirates, Santa, her nativity cast and her farmer, all hanging out on the pirate ship.  Today I looked, and her nativity was featuring a pirate with his treasure, as well as Mary, a Farmer and a wise man in a boat.  With an elf and some animals looking on.  Love it!  We got her a Little People Princess castle for Christmas, can't wait to see how they fit into the mix.

Here are some pictures from the past month or so.  Enjoy your Christmas and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Miss Kitty sleeping with her


Look at the reflection in the mirror. Meow. 


Fabric I picked up on black Friday for receiving blankets.  Sweet!

Playing with the pirate ship


Enjoying Bass Pro Shop


I was bummed, Santa covered her ugly sweater.

Hiding under her vanity


She loves to hide behind her tree

Our first sugared batch, she was ready to go home. 

Diligently decorating cookies


All the kiddos with the cookies

Before the Christmas program




Wiped out from her program


Best Friends right there.

Ready to put the star on!




Decorating her little tree




7 Months

Oh, it snowed!


Shoveling for Dad


Abbey loves the snow too!


Trying to find the most delicious piece of snow

Yum!


Telling me to stay where I was so she could bury me in snow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which