Skip to main content

November? What's that?

So I kind of suck at this whole blogging thing. It's not that November was terribly busy, but we've had problems getting Harper to go to bed, and by the time that is done, I'm ready to fall into bed myself...fun times in the Kant household!  So, here is what we've been up to, in no particular order, followed by some pictures :)  Don't hold your breath for another post until January!

-Bye Bye Papi!  That's right, the pacifier is officially gone.  Erich was gone one night and we had been at my mom's all night playing with her cousins.  I realized as we got into the car that I forgot the papi, so I decided to just roll with it.  We got home around 8:30, and by 10 she was asleep, but she was not happy about it.  The next week or so was rough, especially when she won't let Erich help at all with bedtime.  But I'm happy to report we are still papi free, and while she has gone to look for it a couple times when she's really tired, she has stopped asking for it.  Yay! So that leads me to our next goal...

-Potty training! After the papi was gone, it was like there was a switch and she is suddenly all about the potty chair. At daycare she goes once an hour at least, however we are still working on pooping.  She's great at the potty piece of this.  I've recently tried rewarding for poops, but apparently even an m&m isn't worth it.  I wouldn't be so frustrated except for the fact that she waits until a diaper is on, then immediately poops in it. Little stinker. But we are well on our way!

-Vocabulary: Harper has been talking non stop lately, and it's crazy how she pieces words together into full sentences. The most common ones we hear are: I no like that, I no want to, and I want to (insert action here).  She is definitely strong willed and knows what she does and does not want.  Which is good and bad :)  She is awesome at counting (english to 14 and spanish to 5) and does great with shapes.  We go back and forth with colors and letters, but she's definitely working on them.  You can tell she is picking up on a lot at daycare right now.  She is always surprising us with something new!

Santa Claus--Harper is anti Santa right now; she likes the idea of Christmas and presents and whatnot, she does not like him watching her. When we use that phrase she gets this look on her face and says, No he not! I no like him watching me! I guess she figures she's already seen him twice this year, he can watch all he wants.  She visited him at the zoo with her BFF Izzie, and again with Grandma last weekend; I think she is over the hype.  Too bad I will make her go see him a third time at the mall this weekend! I kind of wish someone would dress as the Grinch, she loves that guy and would probably be good for him.

-DC: Erich and I are just getting back from a 6 day trip to DC (and Harper from 6 days with the Grandparents in York).  We all survived!  We went for a wedding that Erich was in, and then stayed on a few extra days to sightsee.  It was such a good time with fun people, and we walked until we dropped.  We also got to see some different areas than our last trip out there, so that was fun.  If you are interested in going, I highly recommend the Hilton Doubletree suites in the Foggy Bottom area.  You are close to a Metro station, which can take you to and from the airport for $5 each way, which is way cheaper than the $30 taxi ride.  It's also close to a lot of food options, and within walking distance of the Lincoln Memorial.  Harper also had great fun with Grandma and Papa, she got to see Santa, go to the York Children's Museum, and probably best of all, have uninterrupted attention from two of her favorite people.  We were all very excited to be home.  (Abbey stayed with Grandma Linda, and also had lots of undivided attention, but she was ready to be home as well). 

-We are very excited for Christmas and seeing family and friends! Like I said, I won't post until January, unless something crazy happens.  So Merry Christmas from The Kants!
 

































 
 


Comments

Meghan Gonzales said…
For Heidi - no idea why - but powdered doughnuts were finally a big enough treat to go poop on the potty. I know - fat kid awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which