Skip to main content

August

I don't have a ton to report, even if it has been a month since I posted last.  We've been busy working on a new deck (and let's just say if it could go wrong, it did...which is why it currently has three posts, and I have to jump down into my yard...), we celebrated our 4 year anniversary with a child free weekend, that included hanging with some friends, seeing the new Batman movie, going to dinner, and seeing Weezer at the concert cove in Council Bluffs.  It was a fun weekend, but we were ready to see Harper...who ended up with a staph infection, so I got an extra day off with her last week.  It was a very small infection that we caught early, so no worries!  Harper is talking more and more, and we are often surprised by the growing vocabulary. Here are some of her catch phrases:
"Ew, gross. Yuck"  this can be anything from food, to a movie, to bedtime, to daddy...
"Thank You Mommy/Daddy" she has become so polite! She says it in a really quiet voice, it's so sweet.  She even thanks me when she gets into trouble...kinda makes me feel bad :) You're welcome for telling you no??
"Zoo! Goats! Peacock! Penguins! Horse! Camel!Choo Choo!" basically she names off everything at the zoo in a high pitched squeal.  She LOVES the zoo (children's zoo in Lincoln).  It's small, and only takes about 45-60 minutes to get through.  That pass was the best investment of the year! And man, she owns the place...
She is also getting really good at counting, and can get to 5, and if you prompt her she'll continue to 10. Craziness! Where did my little baby Harper go?? 

This past weekend we had a family fun extravaganza.  We started with a trip to the Lancaster County Super Fair! She loved it.  They had a petting zoo with goats, pony rides, livestock--she loved the cows and rabbits. And she even went on a couple rides.  I don't think she knew what to expect, but she was determined to get on them...and I must saw, she was very brave, even though we could tell she was freaked out.  Definitely not her mother's child, I don't think I rode rides until I was 10! 

This weekend we have a baby shower for my sister in law, and a family pool party in York, then Sunday we're going to try and get to Hastings to visit my Dad and Grandma...this summer has gone by too fast and we've yet to visit them. Bad daughter! Who wants to drive in 100 degree heat? Not this girl...

We're looking forward to a cool month, and then in September we have birthdays galore and the birth of our new niece or nephew.  Harper is sure it's a girl :) 


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

One week down

Well, today marks a week that we've been home with Harper, and I've got to say, I think we're doing pretty well. She eats and sleeps good, and really at night were averaging 4-5 hours of sleep. My pain is slowly going away, as is the swelling in my legs. I'm on a weigh restriction for a while yet, and can't carry Harper up or down stairs, which in our house is a problem since it's a tri split level...Luckily we have family to help out, and I can camp out on the upper level now that I can sleep in our bed again. See you later uncomfortable recliner! Harper is awesome. She makes the best faces, and is such a scowler! She is definitely my kid. This photo was taken of me the day I was born, and I can't believe the resemblance to Harper, especially the hand placement, since that is generally where her little fist is. Erich goes back to work on Monday, I can't believe how quick this first week went by. At first I thought it was taking forever, but now