Skip to main content

Easter, belated

Easter was a couple weeks ago, I know, I am a slacker. I've also been busy at work and then when I get home the last thing I want to do is hop back on the computer after staring at one all day. Ironically when I get to work, I'd rather facebook and pinterest and blog. Maybe I need to change my hours lol. Anyhoo, here's what's been going on with us...

Erich and I spent the last weekend of March cleaning carpets and reorganizing rooms while Harper hung out with Gma and Pa in York. It was a nice weekend to hang out, and we each got a night out with friends.  Then Sunday we found out that Erich's grandpa passed away.  We knew it was getting close, but was still sad as it was the week before Easter.  The funeral was on the following Thursday in Columbus.  It started out a little chilly, but turned into a beautiful day to do yard work, play with bubbles, and bask in the sun, which we think that's what Charlie would have wanted us to do. Particularly the yard work piece. 

That week went by in a blur, as I was out Monday already, and then out Thursday and Friday. I could get used to two day weeks, but only when they don't involve travel and housework.  Saturday morning we took Harper to get Easter pictures taken...let's just say that it will be a long time before I talk Erich into doing that again.  She started out OK for about 5 minutes, and then it was over.  No smiles, and by the end she just crumpled to the floor with a bickering mom and dad.  I did get some cute shots though; I just can't resist her face when she scrunches it up and says, Cheese! I'll scan them in after I pick them up Thursday. 
Later on my family came over to dye easter eggs and then we did a mini easter egg hunt.  She did pretty good with both.  She called every color Yellow, and wanted to dye Erich's hand and a stuffed chick more than the eggs.  She was also a little slow to warm up to the egg hunt, but when she realized there was candy and prizes inside, she was all about it...to the point where we were rehiding the same eggs. Ah, I wish that little trick would work every year! 
The gangs all here!

Cheese!



What a big girl!

Before the chicky was dyed

With Grandma Linda

Our masterpieces


Running for the loot






Ring pops with Cousin Cole




Sunday we met up with Erich's brother to attend church...it was packed!  Then afterwards we headed out to Erich's aunt's place in Crete for lunch and another easter egg hunt.  There were lots of cosuins there, and she had fun chasing them around, and playing on the swingset.  It was windy, but fun!
After church

Haning with Cousin Max



All the kiddos






Hey, that's what I look like!


Breaking open her easter pinata.



Flying a kite with Dad and Uncle Mike

Grandpa gives me fun things to play with!


Finally opening her easter basket after Crete



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which