Skip to main content

December

It's more than a week into December...what? This year has gone by way too fast in my humble opinion.  I am grateful that the snow held out as long as it did, and it's already starting to melt as it gets warmer. Will we luck out with one snow?  Doubtful, but a girl can dream, can't she?

November was pretty uneventful...I think...I can't really remember anything before the week of Thanksgiving, so I'll start there.  The day before Thanksgiving I went and saw Breaking Dawn with a couple coworkers.  It wasn't too bad, except for the talking wolf scene...if you've seen the movie you are probably nodding in agreement.  It was a nice time, and can't wait to do it again in November 2012!  Also, on a sidenote, there was an awesome Hunger Games trailer before the movie, and I am so psyched to see that in March with my fellow HG fanatic Val.  Team Peeta baby!

On Thanksgiving Day, we headed to Columbus to celebrate Thanksmas with Erich's mom's side of the family.  We usually do this on Christmas day, but with everyone getting married and having kids, it's getting a little more complicated...so this is our compromise.  It was a fun day, and it was so stinking nice out!  We did some family pictures outside and just enjoyed each other's company...and reviewed the black friday ads of course. 

It goes without saying, this didn't make the Christmas card!


Oh yeah, before I go any further, I remembered a couple things we did before Thanksgiving.  My friends Lindsay and Tony visited with their new little girl Arianna (Ari for short).  We gathered the masses and had a nice football party.  The three little girls in the group were fast friends, and I can't wait to see them grow together.
Ari Stern

Harper and Emily Ballou

The three girls

Let's touch her face! Yeah!

Harper loves Emily.

Another fun thing is that we celebrated Christmas a bit early at the cupcake shop.  We did some decorating, drank all the wines, and played a fun game where the girls dominated!  I even donned a Christmas sweater and sang along to Last Christmas, all before Thanksgiving. It was a first!


Matt and Heather

Some of our handiwork...guess which one is mine?

Rocking our awesome sweaters!

Some of the cookies. Notice the camel to the bottom right? Awesome.

OK, back to Thanksgiving.  I went back and forth about black friday shopping, and in the end, it won out.  I headed over to Toys R Us Thursday night around 8, and they opened at 9.  The line wrapped around the store, and my only hope was that since I wasn't there for an xbox or baby alive, I should be safe.  Made it into the store (after sitting through some interesting convos along the way) by 9:30, and was out by 10:30 (with majority of time inside in line to pay...ahh, the things I do for a grocery cart and guitar).  I was initially gonna head home, then I remembered some of the deals Kohls had, and I figured I could get a good spot in line since they opened at midnight, and it was plenty early.  I was right, and got a great spot in line...so I waited, in the cold, for over an hour...only to be almost trampled by line jumpers as we entered the store. Jerks. But, I got what I went for, and a few other items, and was out of there by 12:30.  All in all, a success! I was initially against the midnight openings, but I think I can get behind them. 

We then proceeded to celebrate a couple more Thanksgivings; one with my mom and the other with my dad. My pictures didn't turn out that great, but Harper was obsessed with my dad's camera, so I bet he has some great shots that she took :) 

Some random items of note.  Our tree is up and Harper has left it alone.  We made sure to only decorate the top half to hopefully steer her away from the ornaments, but she just likes to look at it and point, and then she has a lot to say about it...wish we knew what it was.  She's a talker, and sometimes the words are coherent, like: up, ball, tree, mama, dada, abbey, dog, grr(bear), quack(duck), NO! That last one is most definitely her favorite.  For yes, she gives you a very decisive head nod.  That kid is pretty hilarious.  Coming Soon: Pictures from our visit with Santa, and from Harper's 3 minute Christmas program at daycare. I know, you can hardly contain yourself!  I promise to post those yet this week! 
Cheese!

She kept trying to put her tongue in my mouth

My grandma made this jumper for my sister, and we've all worn it!


I love leaves!



Guess what happened next?








New boots!


Abbey hated this darth vader toy.

Her dad is a meanie

I'm not a tree Dad!


Untangling the lights...


She took all the brass ends off the ornaments, so now they're decorative

Helping empty the dishwasher.
 



Comments

Harper and Emily are SO cute!! Love Emily's cheeks :)

I'm so pumped for March!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which