Skip to main content

6/1/11

I can't believe it's June 1st, and my baby will be a year old next week.  She is walking, talking (well, she can say some words, and sounds that could be words), has 6 teeth (still only the canines on top, my little vampire girl) prefers to growl over speak and has an attitude that could only belong to my child.  She is pretty much the most awesome kid ever. 

We decided that since her birthday is on a Thursday, she should just go to daycare and treat the day as usual.  Then we both took Friday off and have plans to go to the Henry Doorly Zoo.  It's her first visit, and I honestly can't remember the last time Erich and I were there.  Then the next day is her party--see invitation in the below post (I was more than happy to advertise that bad boy, and in return got a $10 giftcard to shutterfly).  Just family at the party, she gets pretty crazy when a lot of people are around, and then all she does is cling to me, so hopefully she'll be a little more playful.  We got her the most awesome present.  It's a swing and slide castle--it stands maybe 2 feet tall, but I'm pretty stoked about the deal I got on it.  I'll post pictures after we put it together.   Then on Sunday a friend is coming over to take her 1 year photos.  It'll be a fun and busy weekend. 

Harper goes back to the ENT tomorrow for a follow up appointment, so hopefully all is well, fluid is drained, and talk of tubes are a thing of the past.  Fingers crossed!  She really hasn't fussed much with her ears, so I am thinking positive thoughts. 

My nephew is staying in Lincoln the first few weeks of June, and was nice enough to babysit Harper tonight, so we had a nice date night.  We had dinner at Panera, then went and saw The Hangover II.  Funny stuff; not as funny as the original (really, would I expect that?) and I would say way more man parts than I needed to see in one sitting, but overall, it was good.  Now I just have to wait on HP, which comes out next month!  Can't hardly wait!  But I am sad to bid adieu to Mr. Potter and his friends.  sniff. 

My pal Val and I are freaks for the Hunger Games movie casting, and I have, as a co worker phrased it, brought others over to the dark side.  I can't help it, these are such good books!  I know, the plot sounds depressing (and it is) but it's an addictive depressing.  And unlike another popular teen saga, it's no drama, no whining, no teen angst.  I'm pretty excited for that movie as well, Lenny Kravitz and Donald Sutherland in the same movie? Like! 

What else?  I planted my garden this past weekend.  I've been putting it off, so a couple weeks ago I weeded the heck out of the area, and then this Sunday when Harper went down for a nap, I went to work.  I have 8 tomato plants (4 big, and 4 mini varieties) four cucumber plants (minis for pickling) and then a smattering of bean and carrot seeds, so we'll see what comes of those.  It's my second attempt after the great potato fiasco of 2010, which was thwarted by an unfortunate series of events (c-section, broken air conditioner, gall bladder attacks, etc).  So, potatoes we're goners.  I think I harvested a couple, and the rest rotted or went to the animals.  So, here's to better luck this year.

Here are a few outdoor shots I took of Harper this past weekend.  She loves to go outside, whether on walks or playing in the backyard.  I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with my hatred of being outside in the summer heat. 












Comments

I think I need one of those "Mean & Ornery" Shirts!! LOVE! She sure is cute :)

Yes, soooo exited about The Hunger Games, and as far as HP, I couldn't agree more - pumped to see the final movie, but sad it's going to be over. Thank goodness for ABC Family Harry Potter Marathons!

Good luck on the garden...you're a better woman than I!

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which