Skip to main content

Mishmash Post

So much for posting more than once a month.  I'd like to say we're too busy, but it's more that I usually post at work because our computer at home is slow, and I've been busy at work.  What a concept, huh?

A lot has happened since my last post, as I indicated in my teaser. I'll try to keep this in chronological order, but if I don't, it's not like you can really challenge me.  You don't know!

Harper had her first double ear infection in April (it began when we were in Kearney for Mike's wedding).  Well, she went back to the dr twice for follow ups, and after a month of antibiotics, the fluid was still there, and her ears were still red...so we were referred to an ENT (ear, nose & throat dr).  He said she had fluid, but it wasn't infected, so we had two options.  1. If we were at our wits end, he could do tubes "today", meaning in a week or so, or 2. A month of antibiotics to try and keep the fluid sterile while it drains (to prevent another infection).  We opted for the latter, since this was only her first infection.  So far, so good.  She's had a couple cranky nights, but I think those are due to overstimulation from visitors and travelling and teething.  She goes back June 2nd for another test on the fluid.  Hopefully it's drained! 

The week before Mother's Day, we could tell she was on the cusp of walking. She was already pulling herself to standing on her own, and walking along the edge of furniture.  So, as an early Mother's Day present, she took her first steps the day before!  She still relies on crawling for the majority of her movements, but she will walk between Erich and I, and this weekend she was a major show off with the family.  On Mother's Day Erich got me a nice card, and we tried to go to Hu Hot for lunch.  As it turns out, they really aren't equipt for highchairs, so we opted for DaVincis.  It wasn't Hu Hot, but it was still good.  Then we went to my mom's to visit with her and my sister and fam.  It was a nice little day, which we ended with a shopping trip to Kohls, where I picked out two new purses.  I don't have pictures, but they are cute.

This past weekend my nephew, Cole, graduated from high school.  We made the trip to KC, and have found that Harper is no better a traveler than I am, so Erich will definitely have his work cut out for him with all his dream vacations involving car rides. He couldn't make the trip, so he has fun in store for him the next trip.  We went to the ceremony, which was small and nice--only about 30 kids in his class.  My sister had a nice party for him, then they came down this weekend for his Lincoln party.  It was nice to see her and the kids two weekends in a row.  I miss my seester.  She should move back to Lincoln and be my daycare provider.

While we were in KC we stumbled upon a new nailpolish from OPI called crackle or shatter or something.  Anyhoo, it's a matte polish you put over a base color, and there's something in it that makes it crackle.  I had a hard time with it when we were in KC, but after some blog research, I finally perfected it and love it.  I never paint my nails because I always think it looks like crap and end up taking it off.  The genius of this is that you can't tell if there are flaws or chips because of the way it sets.  Win win!  I recommend picking up a bottle.  It's a little pricey, but worth it. 

So, as I mentioned before, I am reading a series called The Hunger Games (which is currently being casted for a movie, and I am unhealtily obsessed with those updates.  I was over the moon when I saw that it was on the cover of this week's Entertainment Weekly).  It's a three book series, and I finished the last one last weekend.  SPOILER ALERT:
So, I was underwhelmed.  The whole series is jame packed with fighting and action and omg what's going to happen next.  And then the last third of the final book was, well, lame.  Seriously?  There's an explosion and her sister dies and that ends the war?  WTF? Then everyone is just OK with it.  Dumb. So, hopefully hye movie does at least the first two books justice. 

So, my baby is probably considered a toddler now, and will be one in a couple weeks.  Sigh!  Where did this last year go?  I like going back and rereading the posts from the pregancy and through the first few months.  She is growing and changing every day, it's crazy.  She's definitely got her own personality.  She loves to jabber now, and feed herself--although she doesn't get what a spoon or fork is for.  She's drinking from a cup and she's kind of weaning herself off bottles.  Despite all this, I'm not ready for another one, so don't ask.  She's becoming a handful as it is, I don't need two just yet!

Here are some pictures from the last month, hopefully I'll post before her birthday.

I love putting bows in, she loves removing them

Hanging out with Uncle YoYo

Playing with Aunt Heather's creepy clown toy

Look, I can turn the tv on

Nappy with Grandma Linda

This is a rocker my sister and I both played in as kids


With cousin Hailey

I love her chubby cheeks!

Asleep at the Build-A-Bear shop

Testing the bear for fluffiness

"Washing" it off


J.J. The Bear

Riding a boat.  See the video below, she was less than entertained.

Ethan, Cole & Hailey.  Cheese Turds!

Coley & Harpy

The Nilsens

Twins!

Look, Brady graduated!

Cole's t-shirt quilt the Grandma's made

Harper eating a devilled egg.  It went about as well as you would imagine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which