Skip to main content

1/31/11

OMG can you believe it?  Two posts a less than a month?  Out of control.  One of my many goals is to post on this thing more, because what's the point of cramming two months worth of stuff into a post?  It's lame, and I realized it ticks me off when I have to wait for my favorite people to post on their blogs.  My other goals you ask?  Ah...just to name a few...lose those last few, um, 30 baby pounds, learn to make healthier yummier meals, make my own baby food, learn to sew, read approximately 30 books which I own but have never read, and finish my wedding scrapbook so I can start on Harper's book.  A lot of goals, but that just means it's more to get done...or more to put off.  We'll go with the first one.

This weekend Harper got her first play date with an older man (sorry Braggs!).  Dexter is 1 1/2 and a fun kid once he warms up to you.  He hasn't exactly gotten that whole sharing thing down though.  When Harper would get too close to something, he'd snatch it up and put it in his lap.  She didn't care, since she just wanted something to chew on.  Then I got out some of her toys (a soft book, a steering wheel rattle, and a cat teether) that's all he wanted.  She started playing the wheel like a tambourine while reading the book.  When I asked him to share with Harper, he threw the book across the room.  It was kind of funny.  Anyway, cut to this morning after I braved the icy terrain to get Harper to daycare (more on this below).  I set her down with a couple other kids, who are playing nicely.  She noticed a toy, then saw another kid crawling towards it.  She but it into high gear, knocked the kid aside, and swiped the toy. Very gracefully...I was like, sorry?  I explained her visit with Dex this weekend, and she laughed it off.  Let's hope for no more take downs, and no blow outs, which were the big issue last week.  We think they're feeding her to much, and cut back her formula this weekend. Voila! No blowouts at home, we'll see how it goes today.  I hate getting bags of poopy clothes, it's the worst. 

So, it's an icy icky wintery day today.  I knew it was bad when a coworker called to tell me to just stay home.  I decided to at least try and get Harper to daycare, then I could go back home and work.  The roads were slick, and traffic was slow going.  I can get to daycare, even with high traffic and bad weather., in about 7 minutes.  Today it took about 20--majority of the wait was turning against traffic into the center.  So, leaving I can't get any traction up the hill on the main road to get to work--my other option is even steeper, so I said screw it and decided to head home.. This trip took almost 45 minutes to go about 5 blocks.  Out of control.  So, now I'm dealing with a slow system but at least getting some stuff done. 

Harper is keeping us busy with crawling like crazy and starting to stand up and walk around furniture.  I was going through a tote of clothes yesterday, and it made me sad to see how small her stuff was when we brought her home.  It's seriously amazing how quick they grow.  She had some cheerios for the first time yesterday.  I cheated and soaked them in milk, I know she isn't supposed to have real dairy until 1 year, but seriously, what did we drink as babies?  She loved them, and it was win win for Abbey because she can't quite get them into her mouth, so half of them ended up on the floor--and in Abbey's mouth.  The problem is that when you're done, she isn't, and she threw her first fit.  It was cute, I wish I had had the camera on her.  There was fish pounding and growling and kicking.  Out of control.  She's going to be handful. 

Sunday Erich was supposed to go to CBus with Harper for his Grandma's bday, but he had a touch of the flu the night before, so they stayed in, and I went and worked at PJ's.  Pretty busy day for the weather, good times.  Better than Erich's; apparently all Harper wanted to do was walk around being held.  She's done that to me before, and it's not fun.  Plus, you can't get anything else done because she cries with real tears, which is so heartbreaking.  Tears are the greatest tool to get your way. Ever.

OK, break time is over.  Have a good week and stay warm; sounds like we're going to get hit again fairly soon.  I am so sick of the snow!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the heck's a woombie?

So, today's post is dedicated to the freaky baby items I've found online (we are not expecting, but are expecting to be expecting sometime this year, so I wanted to check out the market on baby stuff). I'm not saying this stuff isn't useful, it may very well be the best item there is, but I think they're weird. And so, in no particular order... * Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: it's a doctor invented and doctor recommended snot sucker. An electric snot sucker. With built in filters. My question is, who is changing said filters? Not me, thank you. Then again, with the manual ones I bet you have to empty them somehow. Eww. Also, this doesn't actually go into their nose, it sucks it all out from the base of the nostril--that sounds like fun. Oh, and did I mention the suction is coming from your mouth? * Zaky --the tag line? It's like leaving a part of you with your baby. Yeah, if you have big creepy muppet hands maybe. I think the picture says enough about t

September is here!

Well, it's practically here. Where did August go? Where did the summer weather go? I don't care, it's Fall weather here in Nebraska and I hope it's going to stay well into November. Ahh, September, it's my favorite month...and not just because it's my birthday month 29 on the 9th, it's kind of a golden birthday-9/9/09, so that means extra gifts, right? Right. We are very busy this month. This weekend is the first Husker game of the season, so my mom and I are getting out of dodge to visit my sister (I am displeased to learn that my brother in law is renting the game, I can't escape it!). We're going to a pirate festival, and a carnival, and to this awesome little kitchen store in downtown Independence. So excited for family fun. My nephew told me I can sleep in his bed, but only if I wear underwear...um, deal? Erich has many options that weekend, we have an engagement party in York, going to the game, watching the game...who knows how crazy he'll

Good Bye First Trimester!

I can't believe that I will be 12 weeks prego next week, it has gone by so fast. It's hellped that I haven't have any sickness, which I am very grateful for. I've kind of have the opposite; I am hungry but nothing sounds appetizing, so as a result I've lost weight. I got a nice little lecture from my dr last week, so I've been trying to eat more, and I think after this weekend, I have to have put on at least 10 pounds! Friday night we had Applebees where we polished off mozzarella sticks, I had a steak and potatoes and veggies, all so tasty! Then today we had Hu Hot for lunch, and just had McDonalds for dinner. I didn't say it was healthy, but it was definitely fattening! I seem to be getting my energy back, there for a while all I wanted to do was sleep. I could still sleep all day, but today I noticed I wanted to do some chores, so I guess that's an improvement. I've also had some lower back pain, which seems to be worse when I sit, which